TIGERS TAKE CARE
When times get tough, DePauw comes together. We commit to taking care of each other – so no one has to go it alone. We learn from our mistakes – so we can hold ourselves accountable. Now more than ever, we need to lean into our liberal arts tradition as we adapt to historic change. We will do our best to protect the health and safety of our Tiger family – so we can continue to laugh together and learn together, and then take on the world.
As the DePauw community returns to campus, it is important to communicate effectively and share best practices to keep our entire community healthy.
Local Care Options for the virus that causes COVID-19 or symptoms
Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms or combinations of symptoms may have COVID-19:
Cough, Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing OR at least two of these symptoms: Fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell.
If you are sick, please contact your primary care physician, which may be DePauw Health, for further direction. Please immediately self-isolate from others and wear a medical mask or cloth face covering, if available.
- DePauw Health, 765-658-4555
- Putnam County Health Department, 765-301-7660
- Indiana State Department of Health, 800-382-9480
More information about COVID-19 and recommendations for staying healthy.
- Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19.
- Employee Flyer Re: COVID-19 and Illness resources
- Self-quarantine and health instructions from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Tips for managing stress and concerns related to Coronavirus from DePauw Counseling Services.
Local, ISDH, CDC and WHO Resources
- Putnam County Health Department webpage.
- The Indiana State Department of Health COVID-19 page.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention provides more information about coronavirus COVID-19.
- The World Health Organization provides international information about coronavirus COVID-19.
- Basic protection measures against the new Coronavirus from WHO (including social distancing).