Individual offices/departments will be updating individual websites about adapted hours/services/mechanisms for continued support. As decision items no longer apply, they will be removed from the below list.
Courses and On-Campus Programming (Updated as of 5/8/20):
- After careful consideration, we plan to begin the fall term in August, in person and on campus, with significant health and safety precautions implemented to protect the health of our students, staff, faculty and the broader community. (5/8/20) Read the full message here.
- Due to the continued threat of the virus that causes COVID-19, we have regretfully decided that there will be no on-campus summer programs. This includes on-campus faculty-student summer research, on-campus internships and student employment, and on-campus summer camps. May Term travel courses were cancelled previously. While no on-campus May Term courses will be offered, we will offer several May Term courses that will be taught remotely.(4/6/20)
Travel (Updated as of 3/11/20):
- Avoid unnecessary exposure and reconsider personal travel internationally and to places in the U.S. with reported cases, but recognize that it is a personal choice to travel. (3/6/20)
- The university has cancelled visits from all international areas. (3/6/20)
Students Currently Abroad (Updated as of 3/17/20):
- All students studying abroad or off-campus for spring semester have been asked to return home. (3/17/20)
- Students returning from off-campus study are reminded not to return to DePauw's campus. (3/11/20)
Events and Visitors (Updated as of 5/20/20):
- Commencement was postponed. A Virtual Recognition and Conferral of Degrees was held May 17, and announcements regarding an in-person Commencement were sent on May 19 to graduating seniors. (5/20)
- Alumni Reunion Weekend, originally scheduled for June 2020, has been canceled. Alumni participating in this year's reunion have received an email regarding the change in plans and alternative reunion celebrations. (4/2/20)
- For the health and safety of students who are remaining on campus, as well as our employees who will be providing support and other essential campus operations, no outside visitors -- including students who have departed from campus -- are permitted until further notice. Only students who have been approved due to extenuating circumstances and essential staff should be in their designated residences; likewise, external visitors (including students who have left campus) cannot utilize DePauw facilities without approval. (3/17/20)
- Physical libraries are closed. Library services will continue operation and librarians will respond to student and faculty requests for scanning, research support, class support and handing physical materials to on-campus users where possible. For more information please visit the library's page. (3/17/20)
- Welch Fitness Center, Neal Fieldhouse and Lilly Rec will be closed until further notice. (3/17/20)
- University-sponsored events remain canceled until further notice; this includes all athletics practices and competitions. Informal social gatherings are strongly discouraged due to the social distancing recommendations of national and world health organizations. On-campus social gatherings (such as receptions or parties) of 10 or more people for those remaining on campus are not permitted. (3/13/20)
Employees (Updated as of 5/15/20):
- We are continuing our suspension of all on-campus operations with the exception of those that are essential and cannot be conducted remotely until further notice. Employees who are able should continue working from home until they hear from their supervisor. (5/15/20)
- An employee resource page has been set up by HR. (3/17/20)
- Employees working from home or who cannot work will still enter their full regularly scheduled hours for compensation, using the COVID-19 code. Use of the COVID-19 code will not be counted against accrued sick or vacation time. (3/17/20)
Additional action steps taken by DePauw Facilities:
Precautionary measures to prevent the spread of COVID - 19, as well as other flu-like pathogens. All cleaning described below will be done with the hospital grade disinfectant.
- Door handles, switches, handrails, water fountains elevator buttons, tables, counters and chairs will be disinfected daily.
- Disinfecting wipes will be ordered and distributed to classrooms for disinfecting classroom keyboards, computer mice, etc.
Additional action steps taken by DePauw Bon Appetit Dining:
Precautionary measures to prevent the spread of COVID - 19, as well as other flu-like pathogens.
- As of 5/18, Bon Appetit locations are closed for the summer.
- Bulk hand sanitizer has been ordered and will be placed at all entrances to dining locations.
- More rigorous sanitizing protocols for all kitchens and all dining locations have been put in place every hour with logs.
- More rigorous sanitizing protocols for the cleaning and sanitizing of all nonfood surfaces have been put in place.