Dear DePauw students, faculty and staff,
Today Indiana Governor Eric Holcomb has issued a stay at home order for the State of Indiana due to the virus that causes COVID-19. The executive order takes effect at 11:59pm on Tuesday, March 24.
The health and safety of our students, faculty and staff remain our highest priority and the CIMT and Cabinet have been preparing for such a scenario. We want to assure you that much of DePauw’s services will continue to operate. As such, as of 11:59 pm on Tuesday, March 24, we will suspend all on-campus operations with the exception of those that are essential and cannot be conducted remotely.
On campus student support:
- Health-care services, custodial services, housing and dining services, and student support will continue with modified structures.
- We will send a follow up email to all students who remain on campus to provide information in detail.
- Instruction for remote learning will continue through the end of spring term. We are responding individually to faculty members who absolutely must be on-campus to provide remote instruction and will allow this access in very limited circumstances. In other cases faculty members should visit campus once to collect the most essential materials they need for remote teaching.
- Advising for fall course requests will take place remotely and on an extended timeline. Honor and Fellows Programs and Center activities will also continue to take place remotely. Library services, peer tutoring, Student Accessibility Services and other academic services will also continue to be provided remotely
- Payroll and other essential business functions will be executed off campus. Faculty governance, development and support will continue remotely, as will Staff Advisory Council, Administrative Council and employee training and support.
- Divisional and departmental leaders will create detailed plans for providing services which will be provided to supervisors on Tuesday. If you have any questions or uncertainty around what is required of you, please reach out to your direct supervisor.
DePauw Police will continue 24/7 operations and the Critical Incident Management Team will continue to meet virtually to monitor and assess the ongoing situation including any COVID-19 emergencies.
Thank you for your continued flexibility as we navigate these difficult circumstances. We are eternally grateful to all of the faculty and staff who have put in countless hours in service of our students and our University. We would especially like to thank the CIMT Executive Policy group and Cabinet for their leadership on responding to the coronavirus situation. Those individuals are:
Robert Andrews, Vice President for Enrollment Management
Stevie Baker-Watson, Associate Vice President for Wellness and Theodore Katula Director of Athletics and Recreational Sports
Betsy Demmings, Executive Assistant to the President
Deedie Dowdle, Vice President for Communications and Marketing
David Harsha, DePauw Health Medical Director
Amanda Kim, Vice President for Diversity and Inclusion
Travis Linneweber, Associate Vice President for Finance and Administration
Mellasenah Morris, Dean of the DePauw University School of Music
Carol Smith, Chief Information Officer
Dorian Shager, Dean of Campus Life
Julia Sutherlin, CIMT Coordinator for COVID-19 Operations and Assistant Dean of Campus Life
Warren Whitesell, Associate Vice President for Facilities Management
Mariel Wilderson, CIMT Coordinator for COVID-19 Operations and Executive Director for Communications and Marketing
Dawna Wilson, Interim Associate Vice President for Development and Alumni Engagement
More than ever, we recognize the value of the strength of relationships a community like DePauw provides. Thank you.
Dave Berque, Interim Vice President for Academic Affairs
Alan Hill, Vice President for Student Academic Life and Dean of Students
Jana Grimes, Executive Director for Human Resources
Bob Leonard, Vice President for Finance and Administration