Box at DePauw
DePauw is adopting Box as the default storage for work files enabling you to securely access, manage, and share your content from anywhere at anytime.
- Provides secure and shareable network storage for collaborative and departmental file storage and management.
- Enables the sharing of files for collaboration within and among campus offices.
- Provides access to one's shared files when off campus.
- Compatible with our mobile habits.
Timeline (Phased Approach)
Box will be rolled out to campus in a phased approach.
- Staff and Faculty (March 2016 - December 2016)
- Replace P: drives for staff and faculty with personal Box folders targeting the end of spring semester as the completion date.
- Replace U: drives for staff and faculty with departmental shared Box folders targeting the end of Semester I as the completion date.
- Arrange special use Box folders for authenticated access to campus-wide shared files for faculty/staff (e.g., replace using Drive for videos, etc.).
- Students (Start date: January 2017)
- Replace P: drives for students with personal Box folders.
Step-by-step instructions on how to log in to Box and other details may be found on the IT KnowledgeBase Box: Default Storage for Files article.
Box Planning Team
- Lynda LaRoche and Chad Wilson, Project Co-Coordinators
- Kyle Croft, Box Implementation Analyst
- Stacy Artis, Desktop Support
- John Carrigan, Finance
- Brooke Cox, Library
- Misty Flagg, Hubbard Center
- Adam Hughes, AIS
- Jim Ketterer, Network
- Jeff Miller, AIS
- Karen Phillips, Business Office
- Carol Smith, ex officio
- Beth Wilkerson, FITS
Contact the HelpDesk at HelpDesk@depauw.edu or (765) 658-4294 with questions about Box.