Information for Your Visit
Beginning August 31, 2020, the Archives and Special Collections reading room will be open by appointment only to DePauw University faculty, staff, and students with guidance from the DePauw University COVID-19 Operations Task Force. To schedule an appointment or receive research help, please email us.
If you'd like to schedule a virtual consultation with the University Archivist, Bethany Fiechter, please visit the DePauw University Libraries Research Help -Appointment page.
The Archives and Special Collections reading room is located in the Julian Science and Mathematics building, room 111, while Roy O. West Library is closed for renovation.
Research Visit Guidelines
- Your research visit to Archives and Special Collections should be scheduled at least 24 to 48 hours in advance.
- Reading room capacity has been reduced to adhere to physical distancing guidelines. The reading room can accommodate 2 researchers at any given time.
- A mask or face covering must be worn at all times inside DePauw University Libraries.
- No materials will be retrieved within the last hour of closing.
- Archives staff will gather collection materials 30 minutes prior to closing. Staff will properly quarantine materials and disinfect surfaces during this time.
- Collection materials can be placed on hold for future use. Please contact Archives staff during your visit for more information.