DePauw Libraries can provide help and many services even when the libraries are closed:
- Email or chat with a librarian AND/OR schedule an appointment with a librarian.
- Search DePauw Libraries - use the filters on the left hand side of the screen to narrow to eBooks, streaming audio or video, and other online resources.
- Access articles & research databases - we have hundreds of databases that provide access to digital articles, video, books and more. Look for the icon to find additional resources added during the COVID-19 shutdown.
- Access news sources - we have many newspapers available through our databases and a couple with full online access like, The Chronicle of Higher Education and The New York Times.
- Faculty Information for Remote Access - for more detailed information about getting library services and resources from off campus.
- COVID-19 Information Resources Guide - for international, national, and local sources about COVID-19.
PHYSICAL LIBRARY MATERIALS
Interlibrary Loan We will fill requests for electronic materials as we can and will communicate with you when we cannot complete a request. If you have books or other physical items checked out, please keep them until we reopen or we reach out to you to plan their return. There will be no fines and you should disregard any overdue messages you receive. Questions about requesting materials via Interlibrary Loan can be sent to Brooke Cox or Meghan Tipton.
DePauw Books and Other Materials
Returns: Anyone returning to campus for Fall 2020: items checked out will be due when you return to campus. Graduated seniors: we will contact you via your DPU email to get further information from you about where you are and the best methods for getting the items returned. Faculty, staff, and students still on campus, please keep all library materials (DePauw and Interlibrary Loan) until the library reopens. We will not be charging overdue fines during this time for any materials. Please send any questions about library materials to Access Services or call 765-658-4420.
Checkouts: DePauw Libraries remain closed and physical items are currently unavailable for checkout. Library staff will be able to get and checkout materials for patrons once campus reopens and before things are packed for renovation which is currently on pause until October 2020. Please send questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Donations We cannot accept gift donations of books at this time.
Government Documents We currently cannot provide public access to physical items in our Federal depository library collection. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we will provide full access again as soon as possible. In the meantime, you may contact the Indiana State Library for help with Government information. Contact information for nearby libraries can be found on the Federal Depository Library Program website: https://www.fdlp.gov
- DePauw Libraries home page - for updates about hours and services
- Discovery Search
- US Government Information LibGuide
- govinfo - provides free public access to official publications from all three branches of the US Federal Government.
- Indiana State Library - the Indiana State Library participates in the Federal Depository Library Program (FDLP), and serves as the Congressionally-designated regional depository of Indiana.
Have other remote needs? Have new ideas for how the Libraries can help you off-campus? Send your comments to us.
Off-Campus Access Issues If you encounter any issues, reach out to Brooke Cox or Sudha Anand or call 765-658-4410
Updated June 1, 2020 3:50 p.m.