- Librarians work collaboratively with faculty to develop specific subject collections that support their instructional and research needs
- Sets goals and priorities for future collections and other management functions
- Provides leadership in the development and implementation of policies and procedures
- Keeps faculty abreast of new publications in their fields of interest
- Develops and distributes information to aid faculty and librarians in the selection of resources
- Prepares periodic academic departmental reports of collection development progress
- Promotes collections through support of seminars, colloquia and speaker series
Collection Development Policy
Recommend a Purchase
Assessment & Management
- Special attention is given to the assessment of specific collections prior to internal or accreditation review.
- Monitoring collection strengths and weaknesses.
- Managing Approval Plans.
- Identifying collections for de-selection, replacement, or preservation.
- Providing annual collection reports to departments.
- Facilitating faculty requests for resource acquisition.
Gifts/Donations to the Libraries
- We cannot accept gift donations of books at this time.