President Bottoms to Discuss Upcoming Trip to India on Statewide TV Program This Weekend
February 10, 2006
February 10, 2006, Greencastle, Ind. - DePauw President Robert G. Bottoms will explain the University's initiative to increase its international student population, and the implications that has for the institution and the state's economy, on this weekend's edition of the statewide television program Inside Indiana Business. The segment, which was taped this morning, will air between tonight and Tuesday in the program, which is carried in every media market in Indiana on eleven TV stations.
Dr. Bottoms and his wife, Gwen, will travel to India next weekend with Tim Solso, chairman and chief executive of Cummins Inc. and 1969 graduate of DePauw University. As he announced to alumni, students, faculty members and staff in Wednesday night's first-ever webcast, [Download Video: "A Journey to India" - 2477kb] "I'll be traveling to various cities in India visiting Cummins plants (and) universities in India, with two goals: to begin to aggressively recruit Indian students to come to DePauw as four-year degree seeking students, and also trying to find internships for DePauw students who might want to have an internship in India." (photo below shows Bottoms with Mikhail Gorbachev at DePauw, October 27, 2005)
Learn more in this previous story, and check DePauw.edu Monday for video clips from the television program.
Stations and showtimes for Inside Indiana Business are:
- Bloomington: WTIU (PBS), Saturday 3:30 p.m.
- Evansville: WEHT (ABC), Sunday 9 a.m.; WNIN (PBS), Tuesday, 9 p.m.
- Fort Wayne: WPTA (ABC), Sunday 11:30 a.m.
- Gary/Merrillville: WYIN (PBS), Sunday 9 a.m.
- Indianapolis: WFYI (PBS), Friday 10 p.m.; WTHR (NBC), Sunday 11 a.m.
- South Bend: WSBT (CBS), Sunday 5 a.m.; WNIT (PBS), Sunday 9 a.m.
- Terre Haute: WTHI (CBS), Saturday 11 a.m.
- Vincennes: WVUT (PBS), Saturday 5:30 p.m.
Visit Inside Indiana Business online by clicking here.Back