Rolla M. Malpas Trust Scholarship
The Malpas Scholarship Trust was created to provide scholarships for outstanding and deserving Indiana public school students whose family circumstances would preclude them from attending DePauw for financial reasons.
The Rolla M. Malpas Trust Scholarship is available to outstanding Indiana students who have substantial eligibility for financial assistance. Need-based eligibility is determined by submitting the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The Malpas Scholarship will meet full demonstrated financial need with grant assistance. With the exception of a University Merit Scholarship (awarded at the time of admission), Malpas Scholars are not eligible to receive assistance from any other source, may not take loans and scholarships from other sources, participate in work study or hold a job during the academic school year.
- Born in Indiana;
- Graduated from an Indiana public high school; and
- Maintained a high school scholastic average of at least a B+ or its equivalent.
The Malpas Scholarship is renewable each year contingent upon a 3.25 grade point average (GPA).
- February 2, 2018 - Priority deadline to submit FAFSA (if you have missed the deadline, please complete as soon as possible)
- February 2, 2018 - Deadline to submit Malpas scholarship application
- February 13, 2018 - Notification of Semi-Finalist Status
- March 5, 2018 - On-campus interviews for all Semi-Finalists
- March 9, 2018 - Malpas Scholarship Finalists are announced
- Submit the 2018-2019 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). To be considered, candidates should have an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) below $7,500.
- Return the Malpas Scholarship application by February 2, 2018.
- Attach a brief autobiography of no more than 2 pages that discusses the following:
- What you consider your strengths and weaknesses to be;
- What you are passionate about; and
- What you see yourself doing in ten years.