DePauw University requires its trustees, officers, and employees to observe high standards of business and personal ethics in the conduct of their duties and responsibilities. The University’s internal controls and operating procedures are intended to deter and prohibit activity that is contrary to University policy, or is in violation of federal, state or local laws and regulations. Violations may include, but are not limited to:
- A violation of a federal, state, or local law;
- Fraud or financial irregularities;
- Violation of any University policy;
- Fraudulent financial reporting;
- Forgery or alteration of any documents;
- Unauthorized alteration or manipulation of computer files;
- The use of University, property, resources or authority for personal gain or for non-University-related purpose except as authorized or provided under University policy;
- Authorizing or receiving compensation for services not received or services not performed;
- Requesting reimbursement for expenses not incurred;
- Authorizing or receiving compensation for hours not worked;
- Activities endangering the health and safety of others.
A copy of the policy can be found at the following link.
All members of the University community are expected and encouraged to report possible violations through appropriate University procedures. However, anyone concerned about possible retaliation may anonymously report violations of this policy by calling Campus Conduct Hotline at (866) 943-5787. Campus Conduct Hotline is a confidential, independent call-in service for Whistleblower reporting.