Green Center Performance Hall Rental and Technical Fees
The Performing Arts Production Staff supports events in the Green Center for the Performing Arts and Music on the Square. Please feel free to contact us about space rentals and technical needs.
(Applies to Non-DePauw Organizations Only)
- $50 per hour for overhead and utilities, up to a maximum of $400 per day; two-hour minimum rental.
- All events are subject to calendar availability.
- Late night, weekend, and large scale events may be subject to additional charges based on setup needs and scope of usage.
- Rental rate does not include use of theatrical lighting in Moore Theatre, sound equipment, projection equipment, or instrument usage; the rental rate does include standard concert lighting in Kresge Auditorium and Thompson Recital Hall
- An approved DePauw Performing Arts Production Staff member must be present at the expense of the Licensee at all times during the Licensee’s presence on the premises. (See "Staffing" below.)
- DePauw Offices and Student Organizations are exempt from the above rental rates.
An approved DePauw Performing Arts Production Staff member must be present, at the expense of the Renter, at all times during the Renter’s presence on the premises. The personnel time is billed separate from the rental fee. The billing rates for the theater technical staff time are outlined below. In most situations the Technical Director or Assistant Technical Director will be the staff representative. In cases, like hourly rentals, where there is no technical equipment being used then a different team member may be scheduled. For most rehearsals and performances, the Technical Director or Assistant Technical Director will be the only staff required, but in some cases additional staff may be needed. The rates for additional staff will be based on their duties. Staffing fees are only charged for external events or for internal events when overtime charges must be covered.
The charges are as follows:
- Technical Director (may support lights and sound): $50/hour
- Recording Arts Specialist: $50/hour
- Other Performing Arts DePauw Employees (backstage, ushers, crew): $25/hour
- Student Worker: $15/hour
Equipment and Technical Fee Chart
The charges below for equipment are the same regardless of space. These charges are in alignment with those charged by Information Services.
|General Audio Setup||$25|
|Additional Speaker Setup (15" JBL)||$65/speaker|
|Hard Wired Microphone||$10/each|
|Hard Wired Lav Microphone||$10/each|
|Wireless Handheld Microphone||$20/each|
|Wireless Lav Microphone||$20/each|
Data Projector and Screen
|Data Projector and Installed Screen||$55|
|Laptop and Slide Clicker||$10/each|
- No food or drink is allowed in Kresge Auditorium, Moore Theatre, or Thompson Recital Hall
- Rental rates are based on the following definition of a rental day: A rental day is any mutually agreeable 12-hour period from 9:00 am until 12:00 am, midnight of the same day.
- The above rates are for the usage of the spaces, basic lighting, and advance consultation with the Director of Productions and Technical Director only. Rental rates DO NOT include charges for event personnel, additional equipment, or other charges as listed on the Equipment Usage Fees below.
- An approved DePauw Performing Arts Production Staff member must be present at the expense of the Licensee at all times during the Licensee’s presence on the premises. (See "Staffing" above.)
- Licensee is responsible for removing all of its own items from the spaces, dressing rooms, halls, and surrounding areas at the conclusion of the rental period. If any items including, but not limited to, set pieces, trash, props, costume pieces, food or reception supplies and performance programs, are left behind Licensee will be charged a cleaning fee.
- Licensee is responsible for all damages to the space(s).
- Licensee must meet any liability insurance guidelines set forth by the university.