About Psi Lambda Xi Sorority
Who We Are: Psi Lambda Xi is DePauw’s ONLY local sorority. We were founded in 2007 on the principles of sisterhood and promoting a positive self-image. We are a non-residential sorority. We are not part of the Pan-Hellenic Council, NPHC, or part of any national organization.
What We Value:
- Emphasis on academics
- Less stressful schedule of sorority events
- Different interests, activities, and academic disciplines within the house
- We are a smaller house, so sisters have the opportunity to really know one another and foster strong relationships
- As a non-residential sorority, we can choose to get a living unit together, or live with whomever we want
What We Do:
- Philanthropy events: Rave for Riley and Carnival for Kids
- We continue to lead a collection drive for toys and supplies that go directly to the children in need at Riley Children’s Hospital in Indianapolis.
- Regular Sisterhood-in-Service Days, where we volunteer together within Greencastle. Our volunteering sites include Asbury Towers Retirement Community and the Putnam County Humane Society, among others.
- Participation in most Greek events, such as Anchor Splash, Ring Sing, King of Hearts, Greek God and Goddess, and Relay for Life.
- Formal dances
- Informals: bowling, rollerblading, murder mystery parties
- In-house events: movie nights, game nights
- Pledge moms and babies
Interested? Contact us at email@example.com