The David and Jane Stone First Year Civic Leadership Program
Click HERE to apply for the First Year Civic Leadership Program.
The David and Jane Stone First Year Civic Leadership Program will seek to build relationships among students interested in community service and connect them with others who have similar interests, academic pursuits, and professional goals during the course of their first year at DePauw. Over the course of their first year, students who apply to and are accepted in this program will engage in the following activities, which promote community service, social justice, philanthropy and civic engagement:
- Complete 100 hours of community service over their first year at DePauw.
- Attend as a cohort an all expense paid trip to the IMPACT conference in spring.
- Extend mini-grants to community partners to enhance local service.
- Receive a small stipend to cover costs related to service such as transportation to service site, items needed for service, and other expenses.
- Attend monthly leadership development meetings and opportunities.