Button Menu

Student Support

Professional staff in Student Affairs are available to help you navigate difficult times, whether it be a personal issue, a death or illness in the family, financial difficulty, or other student need.

Emergency Loans. Short-term emergency loans can be provided to full-time DePauw students. The loans are for emergencies only and are interest free if paid off by the end of the semester in which the loan is granted. Students who need an emergency loan should contact the Vice President for Student Affairs at (765) 658-4199 or at studentacademiclife@depauw.edu to schedule an appointment with the vice president or his designee.

Notices to faculty members. If you must be away from campus due to a family or personal emergency, our staff can notify your faculty members. Some faculty prefer that students work through the Office of Student Affairs to ensure that students are getting the support they need. 

Recommendations to professional schools. Many post-graduation professional programs require a Dean of Students' evaluation form to be completed. If you have such a form to be completed, drop off or mail the form to the Office at 408 S. Locust Street, Union Building Suite 210, Greencastle, IN 46135. Staff in the office will complete the form and notify you via e-mail when the form has been faxed or mailed.

Restorative Justice. Staff help refer students to DePauw's Restorative Justice Program for assistance in working through conflict.