Join a diverse community of intellectuals.
DePauw University is a rigorous academic community committed to transformative engagement both inside and outside the classroom. We believe in the importance of educating global citizens. DePauw is proud of its diverse identity and ensures that at least 10% of each incoming class is composed of the brightest international students from 41+ countries from around the world. The DePauw experience means deep intellectual engagement, experiential learning, leadership development and lifelong relationships that lead our graduates to uncommon success. Please review the deadlines and required admissions materials for international students before submitting your application. Detailed information can be found by clicking the "Requirements Information" button below.
Invest in your success.
Early Decision I Deadline: November 15
Early Action Deadline: December 1
Early Decision II Deadline: January 15
Regular Decision Deadline: February 1
Steps to Apply for International Students
- Submit your application
- Send your official test scores/proof of English proficiency
- Send your official secondary/high school academic records directly from your current or most recent secondary school
- Complete the essay from the Common Application
- Submit financial support documentation
- Schedule an interview (optional)
- Visit our Scholarships & Aid page for more information about scholarship opportunities for international students
- If applying for need-based aid, submit a CSS Profile or an International Student Financial Aid Application
- If applying to the School of Music, you will need to complete the audition process
A $400 nonrefundable enrollment deposit is due by June 1, 2020 to secure a spot in our Class of 2024*
*Admitted students can request to defer for up to one year. A $1,5000 advance tuition deposit is required and this deposit will be credited to the student’s first semester charges. Please note that the advance tuition payment is non-refundable but is also applied toward tuition when the student enrolls at DePauw University. Any student who is deferring must submit their formal request in writing which should include the student's reasoning for deferring to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com by June 15, 2020. Any need-based financial aid awards are not automatically preserved and the student will need to re-apply for need-based aid for the following year. If the deferral request is approved, the advance tuition payment must be submitted by July 1, 2020.