Identity and Affinity Student Organizations
A community within a community
Association of African-American Students (AAAS)
The purpose of A.A.A.S:
- To promote a sense of empowerment through which African-American Students can explore their academic and social identities.
- To provide and support activities that promotes cultural awareness and social interaction among African-American Students.
- To encourage a commitment to unifying the African-American Campus Community.
- To assist in the development of African-American potential in all areas.
- To insure the protection and well-being of all African-American People.
- To instill a sense of social responsibility in all African-American Students.
- To educate the entire campus community on many aspects of African-American Culture.
- To encourage a commitment to unifying students of the DePauw Community.
Committee for Latino Concerns (CLC)
The Committee for Latino Concerns is a student organization open to ALL DePauw University students. CLC, through positive outreach, strives to offer students an open, safe, and fun atmosphere. We lead DePauw to an understanding of different Latino cultures by diversifying and educating the campus with creative activities. Committed to collective leadership and active responsibility for change, CLC combines open-minded interaction with a drive for success.
United DePauw (UD)
United DePauw is a student run alliance of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and allied (LGBTA) students, faculty and staff on campus and in the surrounding community. Membership to UD is open to everyone, regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religious affiliation or marital status.
International Student Association (ISA)
The purpose of the International Student Association (ISA) is to create a bridge between international students and American students at DePauw University by increasing cross-cultural awareness. The ISA also seeks to help international students acclimate to the DePauw culture and to provide a comfortable atmosphere. International students and students who have studied abroad, or who are planning to do so, are encouraged to participate, although anyone with an interest in international culture is welcome. Meetings are held twice a month.
Feminista! is a non-hierarchical multicultural feminist and women's rights activist organization dedicated to social justice and human rights for all people including women, people of color, the LGTBQ community and any other marginalized groups.
- To advocate first and foremost that women's rights are human rights
- To provide a forum for those interested in pursuing social justice and human rights for all people, including women, people of color, the LGTBQQA community and those with disabilities
- To secure reproductive rights for women
- To eliminate violence against women and children
- To end all forms of discrimination
- To promote environmental justice
- To educate about women's history, issues and struggles
- To support women in all forms of art
- To ensure economic equality
- To propose and advocate for policies and legislation that are beneficial to all women
- To do all of the above on a local, state and global level
Asian-American Pacific Islander Initiative (AAPI)
Association of Students Interested in Asia (ASIA)
The purpose of the ASIA is to celebrate Asian culture and to promote an understanding of Asian cultures to the DePauw community. One does not need to be Asian to join. As long as you have an open mind and are interest in Asian culture, ASIA is for you.
DePauw China Connection
The DePauw China Connection is a student-run organization dedicated to building bridges between China and DePauw. DePauw China Connection hosts events, stages delegations, and runs programs, and is open to any student currently enrolled at DePauw University.
Ladies and Allies for Cross-Cultural Education (L.A.C.E.)
L.A.C.E. is a student-run on-campus organization whose goal is to facilitate the creation of the bonds of diversity by serving as a liaison between all communities and other organizations and acting as a catalyst for discussions concerning issues that affect each individual in our society.
Men of Excellence in Cross Cultural Alliance (MECCA)
MECCA is a social and service oriented organization that focuses on promoting awareness of the diverse cultural presence on our campus. We have several events that bring people together of different backgrounds to foster the education of our ethnic differences.