NELSON BLAKE ’19
German and Environmental Geoscience double major
Current position: Fulbright ETA in Lutherstadt Wittenberg, Germany
- Grueninger Award for Outstanding German Student
- Phi Beta Kappa Honors Society
- Fulbright Recipient
- Internship in Berlin, Germany
- (International) Banker
- Investment Banker
- Business consultant
- Financial Advisor
- Migration and refugee service
AWARDS AND HONORS RECEIVED
- DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service)
- Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange
G. HANS GRUENINGER GERMAN AWARD
- Every year, the German Studies Program awards its outstanding students substantial monetary prizes from the Grueninger fund.
STUDY ABROAD OPPORTUNITIES
- Freiburg, Germany
- Berlin, Germany
- Vienna, Austria (with focus on music)
- Plan B Consulting
- SirPlus, a food waste-reduction startup company
- DAAD Rise
Inge Aures, Ph.D., Vanderbilt University. Teaching and research interests are 20th- and 21st-century German literature and culture; self and society; German film; migration from and to Germany; Holocaust and exile literature; and post-war literature and culture.
Julia Brüggemann, Ph.D., Georgetown University. Focuses on modern Germany; gender, sexuality and race; and migration. Awarded George and Virginia Crane Distinguished Teaching Award in 2012.
Howard Pollack-Milgate, Ph.D., Indiana University. Research and publication areas are German romanticism, science and literature; German Jewish culture; psychoanalysis; and translations. Enjoys teaching thinkers such as Marx, Nietzsche, Freud and Einstein and topics such as German environmentalism and music in German culture.