Awareness, Prevention and Education
DePauw University strives to provide a safe environment regarding Fire Safety as well as educational programming. The campus is comprised of both University owned facilities, residential and non-residential, as well as privately owned Greek Chapter Houses. Fire Suppression systems vary by building and are detailed in a report provided by our Facilities Management Office. University owned properties and Greek Chapter Houses.
- Standards for Living Units at DePauw University (including Fire Safety Standards)
- Emergency Procedure
- Campus Living Policies regarding Fire Safety in University Owned Properties
- Fire Inspection Procedures
- Fire Drill and Educational Programming
- Planned Fire Safety Improvements
- Information regarding responses to fire alarms on campus may be found on our Activity Log.
- Statistics regarding the number of fires on campus, their location, related injuries and total dame estimates
If a fire has occurred, report immediately to:
- Putnam County – “911”
- Public Safety - (765) 658-4261
Incidents are investigated by the Greencastle Fire Department and Public Safety
Any dangerous condition of facilities or behavior may also be reported to Student Life Offices: