Students who major in computer science at DePauw study the design and development of software and hardware to solve problems in business, scientific and social contexts. DePauw offers first-rate laboratories and facilities that enable students with all levels of computing experience to engage in high-quality courses and innovative application.
students in lab using virtual reality system
Internships students have participated in:
Community Health Network
Graduate schools students have attended:
Michigan State University
University of Washington
University of California, Irvine
University of Wisconsin-Madison
University of North Carolina Chapel Hill
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
Georgia Institute of Technology
Prof looking over students work on computer
- David Berque, Ph.D., Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. Research interests: human-computer interaction, pen-based computing, and cross-cultural design.
- Chad Byers, Ph.D., Michigan State University. Research interests: evolutionary computation, multi-objective optimization, and artificial intelligence.
- Brian Howard, Ph.D., Stanford University. Research interests: programming languages, mathematical foundations, and functional programming in education.
- Allana Johnson, MBA, Western Governor’s University. Research interests: underrepresentation in computing, computing ethics, and social responsibility, and human-computer interaction.
- Khadija Stewart, Ph.D., Southern Illinois University. Research interests: wireless networks, security, and machine learning.
- Scott Thede, Ph.D., Purdue University. Research interests: natural language processing, artificial intelligence, and parallel computing.
- Gloria Childress Townsend, Ph.D., Indiana University. Research interests: evolutionary computation, gender issues in computer science, and underrepresentation in computing.