Independent Interdisciplinary Major Requirements
An independent interdisciplinary major must represent the same rigor and structure of other department and interdisciplinary majors.
- A total of 10 to 12 courses (12 maximum)
- At least 4 courses from each of two departments
- At least 4 courses must be at the 300-400 level
- No more than 8 courses can be taken in any one department (whether listed in the major or not).
- If one area of concentration is a language, and the language is begun at the 100 level, then a maximum of 10 courses in the department of the language may be taken.
- At least 16 courses outside of the main departments involved in the major
Senior Comprehensive Requirement
During the senior year, each student must participate in a seminar, or present and defend a thesis, or prepare an appropriate project. The Interdisciplinary Committee shall:
- Designate ways in which the student will fulfill this senior comprehensive requirement
- Notify the Associate Registrar of the details of the senior project at the beginning of the student's senior year
- Certify its completion
Minimum Grade Point Average
- A 2.0 grade point average must be earned in all course credit applied to the major. A passing grade must be achieved on the comprehensive requirement.