Musicians of the Future
The DePauw University School of Music provides an excellent musical and intellectual foundation that prepares undergraduate musicians to be adaptive leaders, equipped to actively engage their communities and pursue a breadth of career paths.
We believe artists should embrace diversity, foster inclusivity, and raise cultural awareness, and this shapes our community and curriculum.
In partnership with DePauw’s College of Liberal Arts, we encourage students to integrate creative and practical musical skills with critical thinking and intellectual inquiry, empowering our graduates for a lifetime of learning.
OUR LEARNING GOALS
DePauw music students:
• Develop artistic excellence, creativity, and critical thinking skills as the foundation for all they do.
• Engage audiences, with special attention to access, inclusivity and awareness.
• Act as socially minded entrepreneurial musicians by inventing, developing, and managing projects for community impact.
• Recognize and champion diversity of all kinds and work ceaselessly to improve inclusivity in all that they do.
• Leverage technology in the creation and dissemination of music.
Community Engagement and Book Musician
Connect with people and places in Putnam County to discover your musical passions through the School of Music’s community programming. Improve your skills as a musician or simply get better acquainted with music in a hands-on way. Open to all ages of the public, programs include private applied lessons, the youth strings program, and jazz at Greencastle Middle School.
Book a Musician
Student musicians from the DePauw School of Music perform University Service (in support of University-wide events and University Development and Alumni Engagement), Community Engagement (service to area schools, hospitals, and social services), and Commercial Requests.