The Office of Communications works to advance DePauw University as a leading, national liberal arts university. The Office of Communications provides a complete publications service to University departments, offering expert help beginning with the planning stage through the production and eventual distribution.
- Maintain the accuracy and consistency of messages in the University’s communications and publications and support the University’s brand and marketing themes
- Publication and marketing consultation
- Review of all publications (intended for external audiences) for accuracy, consistency and marketing message
- Copy editing and proofreading (The Office of Communications cannot in most cases create original text. We rely on the client to provide initial copy, which we then edit for accuracy and appropriateness for the intended audience.)
- Help clients determine purpose, desired results, distribution and timetable for publications
- Photography services
- Coordinate photo assignments for campus events and athletics
- Logo design
- Provide graphic and trademark guidelines for University logos
- Prepare job specifications and provide cost estimates
- Publication design and prepress preparation of art for printing; coordinate printing and delivery with the selected printer (DePauw Printing Services or commercial vendor)
- Develop and implement promotion and advertising plans for special events/projects as needed.
- Collaborate the planning, development and implementation of publications and promotions required to meet the goals of the Division of Development and Alumni Relations
- Consult with faculty and staff members to provide advice and strategies to support communications and publications needs for University programs.
The following are a few of the more than 350 annual publications produced by the Office of Communications.
- Arts at DePauw calendar
- Art exhibit announcements and catalogs
- Briefings newsletter
- Campus Directory
- DePauw Catalog
- DePauw Magazine
- DePauw Today
- DePauw Printing Services calendar
- DePauw University Student Planner
- Management Fellows newsletter
- DVDs of Commencement & Monon Bell
- Posters/programs for special events