THERE IS NO END TO YOUR DISCOVERY HERE.
520 acres. Flora and fauna. Hiking trails. The DePauw Nature Park is open every day.
April 6, 2020: Gates to the Nature park will be open to vehicles 8am-dusk 7 days per week. All buildings are closed until further notice and no restrooms are available. Visitors should pay attention to all signage and practice social distancing while in the park.
Summer - May 1-Aug 31 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Fall - Sept 1-Oct 31 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Winter - Nov 1-Feb 28 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Spring - Mar 1-Apr 30 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
From Downtown Greencastle, go south on Jackson Street. Turn right onto W. Walnut Street going west. Follow W and follow for .6 miles. The driveway to the Nature Park is on the left. Follow the driveway .5 miles to the main parking lot.
We invite you to use our park to conduct your research. To help us maintain records of projects, please complete a research project form.
- Take the initiative. Please observe the following Nature Park rules.
- Stay on gravel trails at all times
- Stay behind fencing on overlooks
- Keep pets on leash at all times
- Do not collect organisms or rocks
- No alcoholic beverages
- No ATVs, motorcycles, or horseback riding
- No rock climbing or swimming in the Quarry Pond
- No fires without permission from staff
- No hunting or firearms
- No bicycles on the Rim or Woodland Trails
- Children younger than 13 must be accompanied by an adult
- Please pay attention to any trail closures due to weather-related events