THERE IS NO END TO YOUR DISCOVERY HERE.
520 acres. Flora and fauna. Hiking trails. The DePauw Nature Park is open every day.
Summer - May 1-Aug 31 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Fall - Sept 1-Oct 31 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Winter - Nov 1-Feb 28 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Spring - Mar 1-Apr 30 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
From Downtown Greencastle, go south on Jackson Street. Turn right onto W. Walnut Street going west. Follow W and follow for .6 miles. The driveway to the Nature Park is on the left. Follow the driveway .5 miles to the main parking lot.
- Take the initiative. Please observe the following Nature Park rules.
- Stay on gravel trails at all times
- Stay behind fencing on overlooks
- Keep pets on leash at all times
- Do not collect organisms or rocks
- No alcoholic beverages
- No ATVs, motorcycles, or horseback riding
- No rock climbing or swimming in the Quarry Pond
- No fishing in the Quarry pond
- No fires without permission from staff
- No hunting or firearms
- No bicycles on the Rim or Woodland Trails
- Children younger than 13 must be accompanied by an adult
- Please pay attention to any trail closures due to weather-related events