Immerse yourself in a community of globally-minded scholars as you explore the vibrant and dynamic cultures of Asia. Through coursework in language, history, literature, politics, religion and more, you’ll work toward better understanding how nearly 60% of the population lives and views the world. Further broaden your perspective through study abroad and in-depth research while preparing to flourish in further graduate work or a professional career in international education, business and more.
Areas of Study
Internships Students Have Participated In:
Radio station, Taiwan
Tamkang Junior and Senior High Schools, Taiwan
Cummins in India
Graduate schools students have attended:
Johns Hopkins University
University of Pennsylvania
University of Chicago
Tufts University, MBA program in London
University of Akron
Prof Mou's class
- Hiroko Chiba, Ph.D., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Research interests include Japanese learning and memory, technology and language learning, Japanese science fiction and fantasy, cross-cultural studies of aesthetic perceptions, cross-cultural studies of technology and aesthetics.
- Jason D. Fuller, Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania. Research Interests: Modern Hinduism, Gaudiya Vaishnavism, Bengali Social History and Asian Religions in America.
- Joshua Herr, Ph.D., UCLA. Research interests: China, with a particular emphasis on frontiers and borderlands.
- Sujung Kim, Ph.D., Columbia University. Research interests: esoteric Buddhism in medieval Japan; interactions between Japanese and Korean Buddhism; and Buddhist mythology.
- Yao Li, M.A., Beijing Language and Culture University. Research and artistic interest: Cross-cultural study through cuisine and drinks; Erhu (Chinese violin) performing; aesthetics and languages
- Sherry Mou, Ph.D., The Ohio State University. Research interests: Classical Chinese literature, Confucianism, Taoism and classical Chinese women.
- Pauline Ota, Ph.D., Stanford University. Research interests: Late 18th-mid 19th-century Japanese visual culture, particularly the art of the Maruyama-Shijō school, Kyoto cityscapes, as well as maps, and the pictorial expression of the supernatura
- Guangjun Qu, Ph.D., Southern Illinois University Carbondale. Research interests: international trade, international finance, corruption and anticorruption, and Asian economies.
- Sunil K. Sahu, Ph.D., University of Chicago. Research interests: South Asian politics; international political economy; religion and politics; democracy; political ideologies; and international terrorism.