September 15, 2021: Campus COVID-19 Update for Students
Dear DePauw Students,
With the fall term underway and Family Weekend occurring in a few days, we wanted to take a moment to update you about the addition to the COVID-19 Dashboard late last week: a campus COVID-19 status. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with each of the levels provided at the bottom of the dashboard page. Read more.
August 23, 2021: COVID Updates, Policies and Resources
Dear DePauw Students, Faculty and Staff,
As we start the fall term, we wanted to send an update so that the community has clear and current information about COVID mitigation on our campus. As a reminder...Read more.
August 9, 2021: Fall Move in Health Protocols 8.9.21
We are writing to you today to provide more information regarding the Fall 2021 move-in process for all students. All check-in procedures will be guided by your COVID-19 vaccine status. Please read the entire email carefully so that you understand your particular process as some details have changed from previously announced testing and transition requirements. Read more.
August 9, 2021: COVID-19 Updates 8.9.21
Dear DePauw Students, Faculty and Staff,
As the fall term quickly approaches, I am looking forward to welcoming our community back to campus or to campus for the first time, and I know many of you are preparing in various ways as well. Let us remember our priority to place the health of our students and our community at the forefront of our decisions as we once again find the need to pivot regarding our most recent communication regarding COVID-19 policies. Indicated below are updates and changes to the masking policy. Given the emerging information regarding the COVID-19 Delta variant, we believe these changes will enable us to start the term strong. Read more.
July 22, 2021: COVID-19 Policy Updates and Fall on Campus
Dear Students, Faculty and Staff,
I am certainly looking forward to the opportunity for DePauw to return to as normal as possible campus experience. Our ability to do so depends upon our commitment to the health of our entire community--our students and our co-workers. We demonstrated this strong commitment to one another over the last year-and-a-half and I am asking all of us to continue to do so.
As we prepare for the Fall semester, and after gathering input from across campus, I write with an important update regarding COVID-19 university policies for vaccinations, masking and events. Read more.
July 8, 2021: Return to Campus Testing and Transition
We are so excited to see all of you back on campus in just a few short weeks. Faculty and staff are working hard to prepare for your arrival and our COVID Re-Start Team continues to review our campus operations to return to a vibrant student experience that also keeps the health of our community at the forefront.
Today we are writing to share important details about return to campus testing and transition protocols that were developed based on CDC guidance. Read more.
June 23, 2021: Campus COVID Policy Updates
Dear Students, Faculty and Staff,
As we prepare to return to a thriving, in person, residential experience in the fall, the campus restart team has begun work on our campus plan. In accordance with CDC guidelines and the charge of the Campus Restart Team, please note the following updates to campus policies. We continue to work with campus partners on additional health and safety guidelines and expect to have updates by mid-July and early-August that will further outline the return to campus. The current masking policies remain in place, and will be addressed in the next update. Please remember that pre-COVID policies for learning, living and working together remain in place. Read more
June 4, 2021: information on COVID-19 vaccine requirement
On April 26, DePauw announced that proof of a COVID-19 vaccination will be required for all students planning to attend this fall. We believe widespread COVID-19 vaccination will lead to a more robust, vibrant and safe DePauw. Medical and religious exemptions will be accommodated for all required vaccinations.
Below is specific information on how to meet this requirement or submit an exemption. Read more.
May 14: Updates from the COVID-19 Task Force
Dear students, faculty and staff,
Yesterday the CDC updated its guidance regarding masking and distancing of fully vaccinated individuals*. We are encouraged by the CDC’s announcement that enables vaccinated individuals to resume many pre-pandemic activities, however, the CDC announcement does not make specific recommendations to colleges and universities. The CDC also indicated that private businesses and organizations many still require masking as they deem necessary. While we are encouraged by the announcement, we are waiting for additional guidance from the CDC about implications for higher education before we make significant changes to our policies on campus. Read more.
Apr 26: Student COVID-19 Vaccinations for Fall 2021
Dear DePauw Students and Families,
As we plan to welcome back all members of our community to our campus this fall we are continuing our strategies to keep our community as safe as possible. The increased availability of the COVID-19 vaccine has already enabled us to protect the health of our students (more than two-thirds of our students to date have been vaccinated) and community, allowing us to expand our campus activities, and plan for two in-person commencement celebrations this May and June.
Global and national health experts have confirmed that we must remain vigilant around COVID-19 public health measures. Now that it is clear that a COVID-19 vaccination will be more accessible to members of our community prior to or at the start of Fall Term, we join many universities around the country in requiring proof of a COVID-19 vaccination for all students planning to attend this fall. Read more.
Additional announcements moved to two internal newsletters: DeBrief and SALutations.
- Jan. 15, 2021: Health Recommendations and Requirements Update
- Jan. 4, 2021: COVID-19 Updates and Reminders
- Dec 21, 2020: Spring Health and Safety Information
- Dec. 7, 2020: Move in information, testing details for Spring
- Nov 20, 2020: COVID-19 Travel: Before You Go
- Nov 5, 2020: COVID-19 Spring Term Update and Preparing for Campus Departure for Fall
- Oct 23, 2020: Spring Residence Preference Form
- Oct. 9, 2020: Spring Term Update
- Sept 18, 2020: Changes to On-Campus Health Practice Recommendations and Requirements
- Sept 16, 2020: Employee Asymptomatic COVID-19 Testing Program
- Sept 15, 2020: Dashboard Updates, Quarantine and Isolation
- Sept 7, 2020: DEADLINE: On Campus, Commuter, Remote Status Change
- Sept 3, 2020: What does it mean to quarantine or isolate?
- August 24, 2020: Welcome, Safety Guidelines, and Expectations
- July 31, 2020: Updated FAQ, Student reminder to fill out live/learn form
- July 25, 2020: Important Update Regarding Fall 2020
- July 8, 2020: Revised class meeting times for fall 2020
- July 2, 2020: Change to Return to Work Date and Reminder of Health Policies
- June 30, 2020: Reminders and Update Re: Off-Campus Programs and Winter Term
- June 24, 2020: Student Email: Response Required: decision on where you will learn/live for Fall 2020
- June 24, 2020: COVID Ops Team Update to Faculty and Staff
- June 17, 2020: Universal Mask Policy Update
- June 5, 2020: COVID-19 Plans, Academic Calendar, Work-Return Update
- May 8, 2020: DePauw's Fall Planning and New Leadership Course
- April 15, 2020: Updates for students, faculty and staff
- April 6, 2020: On-Campus Summer Programs
- April 3, 2020: Extended Stay at Home Order, Community Notification Reminder
- March 23, 2020: Indiana Governor Executive Order to Stay at Home
- March 17, 2020: Services and Hours, visitors to campus, notification update
- March 16, 2020: Shuttles, boxes and office hours for today
- March 15, 2020: Students Must Leave Campus Housing by 5 pm Monday
- March 13, 2020: Faculty Staff Update
- March 13, 2020: Departing Campus ASAP, Funding Resources
- March 12, 2020: Student Academic Life follow up re: spring term
- March 11, 2020: Coronavirus Update: suspension of in-person courses
- March 9, 2020: Coronavirus Updates: Suspension of in-person classes March 19, 20; travel restrictions; on-campus athletic events attendance; local community service; and precautions
- March 6, 2020: Coronavirus Update
- March 4, 2020: Travel Safety Advisory
- March 2, 2020: Coronavirus Update
- Jan. 24, 2020: DePauw Update on Wuhan Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)