THERE IS NO END TO YOUR DISCOVERY HERE.
520 acres. Flora and fauna. Hiking trails. The DePauw Nature Park is open every day.
Summer - May 1-Aug 31 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Fall - Sept 1-Oct 31 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Winter - Nov 1-Feb 28 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Spring - Mar 1-Apr 30 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
From Downtown Greencastle, go south on Jackson Street. Turn right onto W. Walnut Street going west. Follow W and follow for .6 miles. The driveway to the Nature Park is on the left. Follow the driveway .5 miles to the main parking lot.
Update 2/21/19: Part of the rim trail is closed due to icy conditions.
We invite you to use our park to conduct your research. To help us maintain records of projects, please complete a research project form.
- Take the initiative. Please observe the following Nature Park rules.
- Stay on gravel trails at all times
- Stay behind fencing on overlooks
- Keep pets on leash at all times
- Do not collect organisms or rocks
- No alcoholic beverages
- No ATVs, motorcycles, or horseback riding
- No rock climbing or swimming in the Quarry Pond
- No fires without permission from staff
- No hunting or firearms
- No bicycles on the Rim or Woodland Trails
- Children younger than 13 must be accompanied by an adult