After two years of travel restrictions due to COVID I am now finally able to get out on the road to start more personally meeting with alumni and friends who are keenly interested in DePauw’s future and the DePauw Bold & Gold 2027 strategic plan, which sets out an exciting and very bold pathway to ensure our future as a model 21st-century liberal arts and sciences university.
Of course, with an alumni base 36,000 strong, it will take a while for me to meet each of you! So we present in this summer issue and on our website a summary of the strategic plan that outlines the direction in which your alma mater is heading. I hope you will keep the magazine to remind you of our goals. Leave it on your coffee table, take it to your office or share it with friends to entice others – especially prospective students and their families – to learn more about DePauw. And visit the website to track our progress toward meeting our goals. Prospective students are already telling us they are excited about our strategic plan, particularly our new curricular initiatives.
Some alumni have asked me how they can best support DePauw and our future. I have responded that I hope they will give their time – volunteering on one of our many alumni committees, talking with prospective students and/or mentoring current students; their talents – contributing their expertise to areas of the plan where their career, professional and community experience will be most helpful; their treasure – investing financially in the plan’s initiatives and the university; and their testimony – telling classmates, friends and family about DePauw.
You may recall the theme of my inauguration last October was “And still I rise.” In my inaugural speech, I asked those in attendance how we can ensure that DePauw in its 200th year fulfills its mission of igniting an educational passion in its students and preparing them for lives of promise and uncommon success. I ventured that “the answer lies before me, in the hearts and in the spirit of those gathered.” Today I add that the answer also lies in the hearts and spirits of all of our alumni and friends who support DePauw and our plan for DePauw’s illustrious future. And, as I said that day and each day I have served as DePauw’s president, I have every faith that, working together, we will rise to even greater heights.
- Adventure! Searching for Shackleton
- Alum dives into uncharted waters of Cuba for tourism business
- Voyage to the center of Earth gives caver the thrill of discovery
- Fascination with exploration spurs alum to visit 7 continents
- Yo ho! Yo ho! A sailor’s life for Stotesbery
- Zimbabwean student lives dream, heads to Greencastle
- ‘Accidental nomad’ responds to whisper and whim
- Alum discovers adventure during Camino pilgrimages
- Risk-taking entrepreneur seeks everyday adventure
- For 25 years, Posse program has produced leaders the world needs
- Posse prepared alums to promote positive change
- Posse leads to career excellence for these alums
- Posse and DePauw partner to prepare promising professionals
- A message from the president
- The new VPs: Exploring new vistas at DePauw
- The Bo(u)lder Question by Pedar Foss
- First Person by Roland T. Rust ’74
- DePauw Magazine: Adventure!
A GATHERING PLACE FOR STORYTELLING ABOUT DEPAUW UNIVERSITY
Browse other stories
Men's Basketball - Jacobs and Stevenson Earn All-NCAC Honors
Women's Basketball - DePauw Hosts NCAA First and Second Rounds; Tigers Face Berea on Friday
Men's Lacrosse - Tigers Top Hornets to Move to 1-1
DePauw University receives $200 million in gifts for transformational liberal arts education
The Board of Trustees votes unanimously to extend President Lori S. White’s contract
DePauw earns green light from FIRE for speech codes
People & Profiles
11 alums make list of influential Hoosiers
DePauw Names New Vice President for Communications and Strategy and Chief of Staff
President White, 10 alums make inaugural list of influential Hoosiers
Whether we are writing about the intellectual challenge of our classrooms, a campus life that builds leadership, incredible faculty achievements or the seemingly endless stories of alumni success, we think DePauw has some fun stories to tell.
News media: For help with a story, contact:
Bob Weaver, Senior Director of Communications.