Campus Dining Options & Information
DePauw University has partnered with Bon Appetit for on-campus food services. Bon Appetit provides a local, fresh, authentic, and sustainable dining experience. There are six dining facilities on campus, each of which provides students with a variety of food options. Meal Plans and Tiger Express can be used at any of the dining facilities on campus.
Bon Appetit operates the following Dining Facilities:
- The new Hoover Dining Hall is scheduled to open October 31, 2016 and will replace the Hub as the primary dining hall for the campus. The 778-seat Hoover Hall will feature the same delicious Bon Appetit offerings along with new food platforms that include Pasta, Stacks, Bakery and an Agua Fresca Bar. Additionally, new elements include a tandoori oven and an open-flamed gas-fired oven. The Hoover Dining Hall is located in the center of campus. It is open late and provides an all-you-care-to-eat meal for a set price. During the Academic School Year, Breakfast is $7.00, Lunch is $8.00, and Dinner is $9.00 per person for individuals not on a meal plan. The Hoover Dining Hall features a wide variety of delicious, healthy, sustainable, and authentic culinary creations. Each food station showcases a rotating menu of items that are made from scratch including vegetarian and vegan options for every meal. Special dietary needs are easily provided by our on-site chef and management team; for more information contact Pamela Roberts, Academic Services, at 765.658.6267 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Hoover Dining Menu
- The Den Bistro is a unique dining experience located in the lower level of Longden Hall in South Quad. It provides an array of convenience items along with an a la carte café featuring a made-to-order deli and bistro-inspired menu options. As with all dining options, ingredients are sustainably sourced and purchased locally whenever possible. The Den Bistro serves lunch, dinner and late night food which compliments the student social space that is used by various individual students and student groups for programming and events. Den Bistro Menu
- The Inn at DePauw will be operating as the primary dining hall from June 15, 2016 to October 31, 2016 so that the construction of Hoover Hall can be completed in 2016 verses 2017. The Inn at DePauw will have the same variety of delicious, healthy, sustainable, and authentic culinary creations as the Hub. Each food station will continue to showcase a rotating menu of items that are made from scratch including vegetarian and vegan options for every meal.
Bon Appetit additionally offers express grab and go items for a quick meal between classes. Express options can be found at Café Allegro, and Café Roy. Café Allegro and Café Roy feature a full barista program with locally roasted coffees. The Blend smoothie bar is located in the Lilly Recreation Center.
Dora Hotel Company operates the following dining facilities located at the University's on-site hotel, The Inn at DePauw:
- The Fluttering Duck (commonly referred to as The Duck) has served up food and entertainment on the edge of the DePauw's campus since the 1970’s. It features casual dining 7 days a week in an eclectic atmosphere. The Duck offers outdoor patio dining during spring, summer, and fall, sports on the big-screen, pool table, and great late-night fun with photo jukebox and scheduled live entertainment. Jazz at the Duck on Thursday nights is always popular. Appetizers are plentiful and designed to share. Freshly-made pasta dishes and grilled-to-order steaks highlight the entrée options, while signature burgers, wraps, and panini sandwiches --with a multitude of specialty side dish choices--complete the dinner menu. Lastly, a meal at the Duck is not complete without a warm brownie sundae for dessert! Fluttering Duck Menu
- 2 West Bistro provides breakfast and lunch daily, with dinner Wednesday through Sunday. The focus is on fresh products, both local and regional, prepared with creativity and originality. 2 West offers an extensive lunch and dinner menu, with the addition, at lunchtime, of a full buffet featuring fresh soups, fantastic salad bar, hot entrees, side dishes and made-to-order pasta! At dinner, unlimited visits to the soup and salad bar are included with every entrée ordered; dinner entrees include regional favorites and international cuisine. The patio area adjacent to 2 West is perfect for outdoor dining. 2 West Bistro Menu
For more information on Meal Plans, click here.