DePauw's goals rest on President White's transcendent priorities, which are foundational to everything we do:
- An unparalleled student experience that, in the spirit of the best liberal arts tradition, intentionally integrates students’ academic and co-curricular learning.
- A strong community of educators with a deep commitment to teaching, scholarship, creative expression and co-curricular learning.
- A campus culture in which every student, regardless of identity, background or financial circumstances, thrives at DePauw and has full opportunity to participate in all aspects of a DePauw education.
- Strong partnerships with the city of Greencastle such that the city and the University continue to see ourselves as mutually intertwined.
- The financial health of our institution today and for the future, including the growth of our endowment.
- A resolute commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion made explicit to those whom we invite to join our community; we should not be afraid to publicly state these are aspirational values – that part of our learning environment is to figure out together what it means to study, work and live in a diverse, equitable and inclusive community.