Ready to achieve something extraordinary at DePauw?
DePauw provides an exceptional educational experience that is complete with nearly limitless opportunities to learn, grow and lead. Immerse yourself in a co-curricular academic and residential experience, apply your studies to real world issues through one of 45 study abroad locations and discover just how much you can accomplish through one of our 45 majors and 53 minors.
Choose your path and lead the way.
Early Decision I Deadline: November 15
Early Action Deadline: December 1
Early Decision II Deadline: January 15
Regular Decision Deadline: February 1
Steps to Apply for First-Year Students
- Submit your application (Common Application or DePauw Application)
- Send a Secondary School Report
- Send your test scores, if you are planning to apply for admission with them* (we accept self-reported scores, the student score report, official scores from testing center or on your official high school transcript)
- Send your official high school transcript (must come directly from your school)
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a teacher, school counselor or church/youth group leader
- If applying to the School of Music, you will need to complete the audition process
*DePauw is a test-optional university.
For more information regarding requirements, see the Test-Optional FAQs page.
Early Decision I Notification: December 1
Early Action Notification: January 15
Early Decision II Notification: February 1
Regular Decision Notification: March 1
A $400 non-refundable enrollment deposit is due by June 1, 2020 to secure a place in our Class of 2024*.
Please send all admission materials to:
Office of Admission
204 East Seminary Street
Greencastle, IN 46135
*Admitted students can request to defer for up to one year. A $1,500 advance tuition deposit is required and this deposit will be credited to the student’s first semester charges. Please note that the advance tuition payment is non-refundable but is also applied toward tuition when the student enrolls at DePauw University. Any student who is deferring must submit their formal request in writing which should include the student's reasoning for deferring to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org by June 15, 2020. Any need-based financial aid awards are not automatically preserved and the student will need to re-apply for need-based aid for the following year. If the deferral request is approved, the advance tuition payment must be submitted by July 1, 2020.