Robert C. McDermond Medal for Excellence in Entrepreneurship Nomination
Robert C. McDermond Medal for Excellence in Entrepreneurship
Nominations for the Robert C. McDermond Medal for Excellence in Entrepreneurship may be made by any person or group, including staff, students, administration, alumni, and the business community.
Selection Process and Criteria
From the list of nominations received, the Robert C. McDermond Center Director along with the members of the alumni advisory board selects the recipient or recipients of The Robert C. McDermond Medal each year after considering the following criteria:
- The nominee’s role in the formation or growth of an entrepreneurial business venture in a small or large organization;
- The nominee’s display of leadership and management;
- The nominee’s role in assisting others in establishing entrepreneurial businesses;
- The nominee’s unique display of creativity and innovation in entrepreneurial leadership or entrepreneurial behavior within a larger organization;
- Preference will be given to a nominee who is DePauw alumni, a friend or supporter of DePauw, or a gracious supporter of the State of Indiana.
Nominees remain on the nomination list for five years. If after five years, the nominee has not been selected, he/she may be re-nominated for another five year period.
Nominations for the McDermond Medal are due annually on February 1 to be considered for the following academic year.