Campus Dining Options & Information
DePauw University has partnered with Bon Appetit for on-campus food services. Bon Appetit provides a local, fresh, authentic, and sustainable dining experience. Typically, there are six dining facilities on campus, each of which provides students with a variety of food options. Catered meals are also available through Bon Appétit and can be ordered at https://depauw.catertrax.com/index.asp. Meal Plans and Tiger Express can be used at any of the dining facilities on campus.
Bon Appetit is operating the following Dining Facilities:
- Hoover Dining Hall features chef-created offerings in food platforms that include Soulful, Char, Fire, Display, Explore, Greens and Toast. Hoover Dining Hall is located in the center of campus. During the Academic School Year, Breakfast is $8, Lunch is $9, and Dinner is $10 per person for individuals not on a meal plan.
- Soulful offers well balanced, hot American inspired comfort foods. Vegan options are available. Soulful is open for lunch and dinner daily, with brunch options on the weekends through 2:00 pm.
- Char offers a full service grill with a daily static menu, as well as daily specials. Char also serves hot breakfast items daily. Char is open for lunch and dinner daily, with brunch options on the weekends through 2:00 pm.
- Fire serves house-made brick oven pizza with four options offered daily.
- Display is located next to Fire. Display offers a rotation of made to order and composed pasta dishes, as well as a “build your own” bar concept. Lunch and dinner options and concepts will changed daily. Display is available Sunday evening, through Thursday.
- Explore is an international foods concept with differing menus and concepts for lunch and dinner. Our menus will change every six weeks and will always offer a wide array of Halal proteins. Explore is available Sunday evenings, through Thursday.
- Greens is a full salad and fresh fruit bar. Greens is open daily at breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Toast is located at the end of our salad bar. Toast is a made to order, full service deli, offering lunchtime house hade sandwiches.
- Late Night is available at Hoover Hall every evening from 9:00 pm-11:30 pm, offering a rotating concept of late evening, house made food options.
- The Student Union Convenience Store is located in the lower level of the Memorial Student Union building. It provides an array of convenience items including sandwiches, salads, fresh fruit, ice cream, and toiletries. The C-Store is open daily from 9am to 9pm Monday through Friday and 2pm to 9pm on weekends.
Dora Hotel Company operates the following dining facilities located at the University's on-site hotel, The Inn at DePauw:
- The Fluttering Duck (commonly referred to as The Duck) has served up food and entertainment on the edge of the DePauw's campus since the 1970’s. It features casual dining 6 days a week in an eclectic atmosphere. The Duck offers outdoor patio dining during spring, summer, and fall, sports on the big-screen, and scheduled live entertainment. Jazz at the Duck on Thursday nights is always popular. Appetizers are plentiful and designed to share. Freshly-made pasta dishes and grilled-to-order steaks highlight the entrée options, while signature burgers, wraps, and panini sandwiches --with a multitude of specialty side dish choices--complete the dinner menu. Lastly, a meal at the Duck is not complete without a warm brownie sundae for dessert! Fluttering Duck Menu
- 2 West Bistro is currently closed.