The Balloon Assisted Stratospheric Experiments (BASE) project is operated under the Physics & Astronomy Department at DePauw University with Dr. Howard Brooks.
Presently, the program uses weather balloons to carry scientific experiments into the stratosphere. The experiments are designed by DePauw students and by students at various schools in West Central Indiana. The communications and support system was purchased from StratoStar Systems.
The next flight is BASE 83 scheduled for 7 September 2014 from the Putnam County Regional Airport as part of Airport Appreciation Days. Pre-flight preparations will begin at 2 pm EDT with the launch scheduled to happen by 3 pm EDT (1900 UTC).
- A brochure describing the program
- An overview of all flights
- Cambridge Space Flight flight Prediction software
- Some flight profiles are available from Google Earth (select your flight(s) under "Places")
- Live Tracking at: aprs.fi/w9yj-11 or map.findu.com/w9yj-11