Classics Internet Links
The web contains a vast array of resources for Classical Studies. Some are listed below to help you get started.
Study Abroad Resources
- Roy O. West Library Resources for Classical Studies. A guide to some useful reference works available in DePauw's library.
- Search the Depauw Library Catalogue
- Bryn Mawr Classical Review
- Journal of Roman Archaeology
- American Journal of Archaeology
- Roman Society
- Hellenic Society
Directories of Resources
- ABZU (for Egypt and the Ancient Near East)
- Classics and Mediterranean Archaeology Home Page
- Electronic Resources for Classicists: The Second Generation
- Also check Ross Scaife's Collection of lexica and search engines.
- The Perseus Project is "An Evolving Digital Library on Ancient Greece" and contains Greek texts with English translation, searching tools, images of Greek vases, coins, and sculpture, and much more. To begin working with this valuable resource, start with the Perseus Lookup Tool or go directly to the Classics Area.
- Ancient World Mapping Center
- Atrium (ancient world blog)
- Nestor (Aegean prehistory)
Classical Studies Organizations
- American Classical League
- American Philological Association
- Archaeological Institute of America
- Classical Association of the Middle West and South
- Erato, Newsletter of ACM and GLCA Classicists
Other Useful Sites
- TOCS-IN: Tables of Contents of Journals of Interest to Classicists via ftp.
- VROMA: a virtual community for teaching and learning classics.