At DePauw, we are a community of students, faculty and staff from a wide range of cultural, ethnic, socioeconomic and religious backgrounds. Creating a diverse and truly inclusive community calls on an entire campus --- students, faculty and staff at DePauw -- to shape this journey.
- Our students hail from more than 40 nations around the globe, with international students making up approximately 10 percent of the student body
- 19 percent of our student body is Pell eligible
- 21 percent of our students identify as domestic students of color
- 21 percent of DePauw's faculty is from a multicultural background
- 19 percent of our student body is First-Generation college students
With a long and proud history of diversity, DePauw advocates a college environment that explores differences. We embrace all demographics but diversity here goes far beyond that. Diversity extends to inclusion and the intentional interactions we have with people with life experiences distinct from our own. Our campus practices intercultural dialogue, celebrates different cultures and welcomes new ideas. Valuing, respecting and engaging in difference makes DePauw and its students better citizens of the world.