Connecting our community with resources after business hours
Our Communication Center is a 24 hour operation that consists of both our police dispatch operation and an information relay center for other offices on campus.
The Communication Center not only receives campus calls but an additional function of the Communication Center is to relay information to the after-hours on call staff member for other campus departments.
Once the Communication Center receives a request or call, a dispatcher will work to facilitate a call to the appropriate staff person. The following departments may be reached by calling the Communication Center after hours at 765-658-4261 or ext. 4261 from any campus phone.
- Counseling Services (Counselor on call)
- Facilities Management (including the need for EMERGENCY facilities repairs)
- Health Services (Doctor on call)
- Campus Living & Community Development (Residence Life Coordinator, Resident Assistant and Apartment Manager)
- S.A.N.E. (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner)
The DePauw Switch Board
The main line to the University, 765-658-4800, is answered by our professional Operators. The switchboard operator is responsible for directing calls on campus to the various campus departments in conjunction with their other communication center duties.