Recruiting at DePauw
Valued relationships with employers, recruiters and alumni.
Sharing open positions
To share a job, internship, research experience or other opportunity, please create an employer profile in Handshake, our job and internship portal. All current DePauw students and alumni have access to Handshake. Recruiters can post opportunities to only DePauw's network, or can easily select additional universities.
Having trouble signing up? View the Handshake Support page, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Connecting with students on-campus
DePauw can help employers connected with our students in multiple ways:
- Career & Internship Fairs- Publicized to all majors and programs. Register for our upcoming event.
- Hubbard Center Social Media- Share a video introduction of the company, or an available job opportunity.
- Industry Panels- Introduces students to various industries, designed in a Q&A format.
- Information Sessions- Comprised of a company profile presentation by the employer followed by student Q&A.
- On-Campus Interviews- Informational interviews enable students to ask company or industry questions, while Position Specific Interviews allow employers to learn more about students who have applied for a specific position.
- Specialized Events- We will work individually with employers to create an event to meet specific recruiting needs.
Recruiting Guidelines & Policies
DePauw University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting and retaining highly qualified individuals who collectively reflect the diversity of the nation. No applicant shall be discriminated against on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, religion, creed or disability.
Organizations visiting the DePauw campus are likewise expected to conform to equal opportunity regulations in their recruitment practices. DePauw University does not knowingly invite or provide assistance and facilities to employers who discriminate in their selection of employees on the basis of sex, age, disability, race, color, religion, marital status, veterans status, national or ethnic origin, or sexual orientation.
All employers and organizations recruiting at DePauw University are required to adhere to National Association of Colleges and Employer (NACE) Principles for Professional Practice, the Department of Labor laws and regulations, and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) recruitment and employment guidelines and laws established by the Federal and Indiana governments.
DePauw reserves the right to refuse service to employers for factors such as:
Misrepresentation by dishonesty or lack of information; fraud; complaints from students; harassment of DePauw students, alumni or staff; breach of confidentiality; requiring personal information such as bank and social security numbers at time of application; positions not appropriate or not of likely interest to college students or alumni; excessive outlay of personal funding required to obtain the position; or failure to adhere to Hubbard Center policies and/or any violation of DePauw rules and regulations, and local/state/federal laws