Skills Training & Certifications
McDermond Business-Readiness Training and Certification Resources
- In partnership with Indiana University and created by DePauw alumnus, Phil Schuman, DePauw MoneySmart$ U is a personal financial literacy program designed to help students learn money management skills./li>
- ALL students are strongly encouraged to participate in this online platform of 2-3 minute videos on financial topics relevant to their academic year, and beyond graduation.
- By investing less than two hours each academic year, students will learn cash flow management while they are still at DePauw and then also as they prepare for post-graduation and their first job or graduate school!
- Important information and insights to promote financial wellness: Managing money while on campus, student loan minimizing, investing for financial independence, the five components of a credit score, creating an easy budget, making wise financial decisions upon graduation, and more!
- Each module is specifically designed for the academic year of each student: First Year, Sophomore, Junior and Senior
- There are also deeper dive modules for: Graduates, International Students, Students contemplating Graduate School, Taxes, Insurance, Investing, Budgeting, Debt, Credit, etc..
- Students can use their DePauw email address to enroll here as a guest login.
- DePauw C.E.O. (Collegiate Entrepreneurs Organization) membership is a part of the DePauw Engaged Entrepreneur Group
- A global network of more than 250 college and university chapters that support and inspire the growth and development entrepreneurial students
- Learn from online resources and webinars
- Attend regional pitch competitions
- The McDermond Center supports Jobs in Tech 101, TechPoint’s resource for Indiana tech careers