The McDermond Center For Management and Entrepreneurship
The Robert C. McDermond Center for Management & Entrepreneurship
"Developing Business-Ready Leaders the World Needs"
The Robert C. McDermond Center for Management & Entrepreneurship helps students blend their business and entrepreneurial spirit with a liberal arts education through a focus on leadership development and experiential learning.
- McDermond Center Speaker Series: This speaker series brings over 15 acclaimed industry leaders per year, from a variety of fields, to meet and speak with DePauw students interested in management, business and entrepreneurship.
- Industry Insights Series: This panel discussion series brings around 40 experts per year to campus to discuss topics such as consulting, corporate finance, marketing, investment banking, wealth management, supply chain, public affairs, human resources, treasury and real estate.
- Young Alumni Series: This new series brings an alumnus, or panel of alumni, that graduated in the last 3-15 years to share their transition from student to graduate and their successes and struggles in the early years of their careers. The relaxed, interactive format provides extra time for student questions.
- Engaged Entrepreneur Series: Key speakers, panels discussions and off-campus visits that offer opportunities for mentoring and gaining insights from today's successful entrepreneurs.
- Entrepreneurial Education: Programs include a campus pitch competition, alumni mentors, lean business canvas/pitch deck advising, strategic networking, Founders Panel event and more.
- No Harm In Charm Workshop: Soft-skill development workshop. Programs include Interview Skills, Dress for Success, Personal Branding, How to Work a Room, Dining Etiquette and Networking
- From College to Career: Your Personal Financial Literacy Workshop. Programs include The Time Value of Saving Money, Your Personal Financial Balance Sheet, Renting vs Buying, Investing for Your Future, Your Credit Score and Budgeting.
- Darnall Industry Tours: Students spend the day off campus at a mid-west city visiting several companies in industries of interest. Recent tours included startup successes and digital marketing companies
- Management Fellows Program: The Management Fellows honors program provides highly motivated and talented students education in business, management and entrepreneurship by combining a liberal arts major, specialized business courses and seminars, and a variety of experiential opportunities, including a semester-long internship.
Student Groups sponsored by the McDermond Center:
- Women in Economics and Business: WEB is a network of students and alumnae committed to the growth and expansion of professional and personal opportunities for its members, with a focus on business and leadership.
- DePauw Investment Group: DePauw Investment Group is a student-run group that researches investments, hosts speakers, plans strategies and manages part of DePauw's endowment through the Herman Crown Investment Fund.
- DePauw Consulting Group: DePauw Consulting Group is a student-run group that provides consulting services for community businesses, not-for-profits and alumni companies. During each semester they complete specific projects for these organizations.
- Engaged Entrepreneur Group: The Engaged Entrepreneur Group provides peer-to-peer and mentor collaboration opportunities for students with startup ideas, as well as providing tools and resources for business model canvas, business plan and pitch deck preparation.
- DePauw Marketing Group: The Marketing Group brings in speakers who are successful in the changing world of marketing. They also provide marketing services to business and not-for-profits such as branding, promotional materials and web design.
- Investment Banking Workshop: The Investment Banking Workshop is a seven-week program aimed at Juniors interested in an investment analyst internship. The program includes guidance from dedicated mentors, exclusive networking events and a series of mock intereviews.
- The complete list of the clubs and their respective leaders can be found here.
Other McDermond Center Initiatives:
- Launch Indy and McDermond-Tenzer Networking Extension in Indy, Union 525-FAQ: "DePauw's Initial Footprint in downtown Indianapolis."
- The McDermond Center supports Jobs in Tech 101, TechPoint’s resource for Indiana tech careers. Learn more here: http://bit.ly/2ENEo5G