Commitment for Current Students
We are excited for you to begin your path of exploring, engaging, and connecting through Gold Commitment experiences. As always, your Commitment Adviser is a great resource to you as you have questions about the Commitment, but you can also use this page to answer questions you have about all of the specific qualifications for the Gold Commitment.
If you have not already done so, be sure to log into Campus Labs to view upcoming events and your progress on the Gold Commitment pathways and also download the Corq app on your smartphone so you have easy access to your Event Pass to check-into events.
Pathways Specifics and Qualification for the Guarantee
While participation in the Commitment is not a graduation requirement, full participation is a qualification for the guarantee portion of the Commitment, which stipulates that students who do not have a post-graduate opportunity six-months after graduation qualify for an additional term of tuition or their first six-month post-graduation employment opportunity. To qualify for the guarantee students must complete the following:
Academic and Co-Curricular Standards:
- Graduate within 8 semesters [ten (10) semesters for those in a dual degree program]
- Adhere to the standards set out in the DePauw University Academic Integrity Policy (as defined in the Student Handbook) with no lapses that result in an entry in the student’s permanent record.
- Fulfill the requirements of the pathway over the course of four years, which include:
- Meeting with your Commitment advisor each semester of the first and second years of college
- Complete 12 explore experiences and 6 engage experiences in the content areas of communication and collaboration, civic and global learning and career and life development
- Complete 1 connect experience
- Attend class-year specific Gold Professional Programming
- Attend DePauw Dialogue annually
Community Citizenship Standards:
- Remain a student in good standing (as defined in the DePauw University Student Handbook) throughout enrollment with no violation of the University’s Title IX Policy or community standards infractions that result in deferred suspension or suspension as defined in the Student Handbook.
- Have no criminal conviction other than traffic violations.
- Fulfill all financial obligations to DePauw.
Tracking Your Pathway
Check out the links below to connect directly to CampusLabs and the CORQ app to begin tracking your GOLD Commitment pathway.