Established in 1971, this large non-auditioned community choir was revived in 2019 after a hiatus of 17 years and is a result of a collaboration between the Greencastle Arts Council and DePauw University. The choir is open to anyone who likes to sing regardless of experience and rehearses every Tuesday night during the semester. Members include students of all majors, staff and faculty, as well as residents of Putnam County and beyond. The ensemble typically appears at major concerts and galas at DePauw and often performs larger masterworks together with the Symphony Orchestra or University Band.
No auditions required, just show up to the first rehearsal on Tuesday, August 30th at 7 p.m. in Kresge Auditorium!
- Eric Barnum – Afternoon on a Hill
- Johannes Brahms – Ein deutsches Requiem
- Howard Hanson – Song of Democracy
- J. Rosamond Johnson – Lift Every Voice and Sing
- Carl Orff – Carmina Burana
- Kate Rusby – Underneath the Stars
- Paul Simon & Joseph Shabalala – Homeless
- Peteris Vasks – Dona nobis pacem