Q-Center Faculty Resources
Articles & Reports
The 1998 report from The Mathematical Association of America (MAA) discussing what quantitative literacy requirements should be established for ALL students who receive a bachelor's degree.
Dartmouth has developed "a wide swath of courses designed to attract rather than conscript students into mathematics." A brief description of their program was written up in the March 2000 issue of Focus, the MAA newsletter.
Sample course syllabi and materials for interdisciplinary activities linking mathematics with many other disciplines
- Dartmouth University Chance site. The Chance news discusses several interesting quantitative reasoning topics.
- Statistical Reasoning -- Focusing on the use of statistics in everyday life. http://www.statlit.org/
- U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor statistics. Here you can find a link to the Consumer Price Index.
- Social Science Data Analysis Network.
- Census data up to 2000. Some data can be retrieved for 1990, 1980 and earlier.
- Teaching with Spreadsheets Across the Curriculum
- National Numeracy Network.