International Student Information
The Student Laptop Program is a mandatory program. We ask that all entering students, including International students, purchase:
- A DePauw Program Laptop
- A DePauw Software & Service Bundle
By purchasing through the Student Laptop Program you will get the correct hardware configuration, the software you need, and access to repair services at the DePauw HelpDesk. Our technicians can fix your computer on-site and they can loan you a computer if you need one while your system is being fixed. In addition, we feel it is very important that you have the same localized versions of the operating system and application software that others use at DePauw.
NOTE: It is required that you purchase and use the English versions of the software from the DePauw Software & Service Bundle because all your studies and academic work will be in English and not in your native language.
Ordering your DePauw Program Laptop
- You can purchase an HP Elitebook 8460p or an HP Probook 4430s from Hewlett Packard through the Laptop Program Online Store. This special bundle includes a 3-year on-site warranty and 3 years of accidental damage coverage.
- You can purchase a Hewlett Packard EliteBook 2740p Tablet PC through the Laptop Program Online Store. This special bundle includes a 3-year on-site warranty and 3 years of accidental damage coverage.
- You can purchase an Apple MacBook Pro from Apple through the Laptop Program Online Store. We have two recommended models on this site. These bundles include a 3-year on-site warranty. (Apple does not offer any type of accidental damage coverage.)
Laptop Ordering Process
Students will order their computer directly from one of the companies participating in the Student Laptop Program through the DePauw Laptop Program Online Store. Steps to follow when ordering your computer:
- Review the Student Laptop Program to select your laptop.
- Order your computer by browsing to the Laptop Program Online Store or by calling the vendor directly at which time you will make your payment arrangements. The preferred method of payment is by credit card, but you may be able to arrange an alternative method of payment with the vendor. Important Notes:
- The Apple model(s) can only be ordered online. Apple will not accept international credit cards.
- The HP models can only be ordered online. HP will not accept international credit cards.
- If you have exhausted all methods for ordering your computer, you can request DePauw to order it for you by following the guidelines at Asking DePauw to Order your Computer for you.
Order the Software & Support Bundle
All students must purchase a Software & Service Bundle from DePauw once they arrive on-campus for a one-time fee of $225. By purchasing the $225 bundle, you will receive all the DePauw software you will need, access to our on-site repair technicians, and access to the loaner pool of laptops for use during repairs. Any student may purchase this bundle to get the software, but if you do not purchase one of our recommended program laptops, our technicians will be unable to service/repair your laptop or loan you a computer.
Computer companies will not ship to an international address due to United States export laws. Therefore, any laptop ordered before a student arrives on-campus should be shipped to the Center for International & Experiential Education where it will be held until the student arrives on-campus. Shipping address:
Your Name (i.e., student's full name)
International Student Services
100 Memorial Student Union Building
408 S. Locust St.
Greencastle, IN 46135 USA
Asking DePauw to order your laptop for you
If you have exhausted all methods for ordering your computer, DePauw will order the computer for you if you wire transfer funds to DePauw. Once DePauw has received these funds, a computer will be ordered on your behalf.
Process to Follow
- Email Mike Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org to request DePauw order the laptop for you. Include in your email what laptop you would like to order and any enhancements you want to purchase for that particular system.
- Wire transfer funds to DePauw to cover the full cost of the laptop, shipping, and local taxes. We recommend wiring $2,000 USD; unless you are ordering the more expensive Apple system, then you will need to wire at least $2,500 USD. These funds are above and beyond any funds that are intended for tuition, fees, room & board, and other DePauw charges. Guidelines on how To Wire Transfer Funds to DePauw may be found below.
- After receipt of the wire transfer, DePauw will order the laptop. The laptop will be delivered to DePauw and held by us for pickup by the student.
Since DePauw will be ordering the computer, any rebate or special offers by the computer vendor may not be available.
Visit your local bank indicating the following on the wire transfer:
Student's Full Name
Reference “Student Laptop Purchase " in the instructions
Student ID # (You may be able to find this through the student's DePauw e-Services account. If not, do not include.)
Name of Bank: PNC
Bank Address: One Central Square, Greencastle, IN 46135
Bank Phone Number: 765-653-4161
Account Name: DePauw University
Account Number: 4620424515
Routing Number: 041000124
Swift Code: PNCCUS33