Policy and Laws
The Public Safety Office is charged with enforcing Federal and State Laws, as well as the rules and regulations of DePauw University.
DePauw University seeks to encourage and sustain an academic environment that both respects individual freedom and promotes the health, safety and welfare of all members of the community.
- DePauw University's Alcoholic Beverage Policy for Students
- DePauw Employee Guide for Faculty and Staff - Drug Free Workplace Policy
- Indiana State Laws - Alcohol
The University prohibits the possession, use or sale of any illegal substance. Drug use is illegal and can be a threat to the welfare of individuals and to the institution. Any individual known to be possessing, using or distributing illegal drugs is subject to disciplinary action and possible arrest.
- DePauw University's Policy on the Use of Drugs for Students
- DePauw University Employee Guide for Faculty and Staff - Drug Free Workplace Policy
- Indiana State Laws - Drugs
DePauw University is committed to Drug and Alcohol education programs and abuse counseling services. A collaborative effort between Student Life, Public Safety, Counseling and Health Services, Human Resources and Community Standards provides on-going programs and services to educate, and also assess and refer campus community members that need assistance.
Possession or use of firearms and any weapons, ammunition, explosive materials, pellet guns, bb guns, toy air soft guns or other items deemed to be perceived as dangerous on University property or any student approved living facility is prohibited. Students who do not comply are subject to disciplinary action and possible arrest. (For further information refer to related policies in the Student Handbook.)
- DePauw University's Policy on Firearms and Weapons for Students
- DePauw University Employee Guide for Faculty and Staff - Workplace Safety
- Indiana State Laws - Firearms
A complete listing of all University Policies can be found in the University Handbooks.