String professors teach all applied lessons and string classes and direct string ensembles. They are recitalists, studio artists, clinicians, and judges for state, regional and national competitions.
- Bachelor of Music in Performance Degree Options
- Bachelor of Music in Performance
- Bachelor of Music in Performance with a Second Major
- Bachelor of Music in Performance with an Emphasis in Business
- 5-Year Double Degree: Bachelor of Music in Performance and Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Musical Arts Degree Options
- Bachelor of Musical Arts
- Bachelor of Musical Arts with a Second Major
- Bachelor of Musical Arts with an Emphasis in Business
- Bachelor of Music Education Degree Options
- Bachelor of Music Education: Instrumental/General
- Bachelor of Arts with a Major in Music (College of Liberal Arts)
- Minor in Musical Theatre
There are a variety of opportunities for string players. Students participate in the DePauw University Orchestra through auditions held at the beginning of each semester. Additionally, a variety of string chamber ensembles are offered each semester.
Master teachers are invited to campus to work with DePauw string students in various instructional and performance settings. Recent clinicians include Yo-Yo Ma, Baroque violinist Stanley Ritche, bassist Ju-Fang Liu, and internationally renowned violinist Federico Agostini.
There are opportunities for both international and domestic off-campus study. Locations recently selected include Vienna, Milan, Paris, London, Dresden, New York, Philadelphia, and Florence.
Degree Specific Courses
Symphonic Literature, Pedagogy, Junior & Senior Recital (required for B.M. students), String Quartet, String Trio, Cello Ensemble