RT @DePauwU: “There are so many visualization tools available to nontechnical people. Spreading that knowledge is almost my number one job here.” Tenzer Technology Center Director Mike Boyles talks to students about mixing technology with the liberal arts. #depauw #leading https://t.co/xEcrWvqP803 months ago
Information Technology Associates Program
ITAP provides internship-quality opportunities for students to hone their technology and professional skills by working in selected on-campus jobs and projects involving technology. Through these experiences, ITAP interns gain valuable professional, communication, technology, and leadership skills that will be essential to any career path, regardless of their major or area of study.
ITAP Key Points
- ITAP is a highly selective internship program offering a singular experience that blends a traditional liberal arts education with cutting-edge experiential learning in an academic environment.
- ITAP is for students with any major or career interest and presents opportunities for tailoring the experience to complement academic and professional goals. Since they are provided training, ITAP interns are not expected to be computer experts, nor do they need to plan to be computer science majors.
- After a training period, ITAP students apply for those jobs that interest them in academic or administrative departments across campus. ITAP on-campus internship examples include Digital Video Production Assistant, Campus Strategic Communications Intern, Digital Art Researcher, Smartphone Application Developer, Digital Music and Recording Specialist, among others.
- In addition to their internships, interns participate in the ITAP Colloquia Series, a series of professional presentations focused on information technology’s impact in the context of society, education, and business.
- ITAP interns are paid and they work an average of 8-10 hours per week (i.e., $8.00 the first year and $8.50 subsequent years). These are paid positions, but students do not need to be eligible for work-study financial aid to participate in these jobs.
Interested in joining ITAP? Visit our application page.
Last update: 12-Nov-2018
Welcome to the DePauw Class of 2023! Are you interested in working on campus? Are you interested in technology opportunities? ITAP might be for you! Learn more: https://t.co/g6V9QS4f803 months ago
RT @brandykrichmond: DePauw Admitted Student Open House today. Welcome to the Class of 2023! How will DePauw change your life? How will you change DePauw? We're so excited to find out!3 months ago