The 4-Month Payment Plan is set up online through Transact Payments. The payment plan allows students or payers to pay for semester charges over four months for the first semester and four months for the second semester. To participate in this payment option, you must enroll each semester.
|PAYMENT PLAN||SEMESTER I||SEMESTER II|
|Enrollment Period||July 8* - Sept 25||January 8* - Mar 25|
|Payment 1||August 1||February 1|
|Payment 2||September 1||March 1|
|Payment 3||October 1||April 1|
|Payment 4||November 1||May 1|
* This date is subject to change but will not be later than the 10th of the month.
PAYMENT PLAN AMOUNTS:
The payment plan amount is determined by the following: Tuition and Fees Balance, Greek Balance (where applicable), Emergency Loan Balance, and Anticipated Financial Aid. The sum of the balances, less anticipated financial aid, is the amount utilized to calculate the payment plan amount. As changes are made throughout the semester (e.g. new charges are applied to the account or additional aid is received), they are spread out over the remaining plan payments.
Please note that anticipated aid is all aid that we expect will disburse but has not (normally, for regulatory reasons). In the case of loans, anticipated aid must be approved for disbursement (i.e. we have a signed promissory note and the student has completed entrance counseling).
ADVANTAGES OF THE PAYMENT PLAN:
- Ability to make interest-free monthly payments over the course of the semester.
- Convenience of paying online; either by direct bank account, credit card, 529 account, or foreign currency.
- Single sign-on: Transact Payments allows students to view their student account balance, recent bills, sign up for a payment plan, and make payments on one website directly from e-Services.
- Ability to give Payers (parents, guardians, and third parties) access to view your account and make payments. Payers will access Transact Payments from www.depauw.edu/thirdpartypay.
There will be a late fee ranging from $25 to $100 for any missed payments. If a second payment is missed, the payment plan will be canceled and payment in full is required.
To sign up for the payment plan on Transact Payments:
- From the Overview screen, select “View payment plan options” under the “Payment plans” section.
- The next screen will show your total budget. The monthly payments will be automatically calculated based on the sum of Tuition and Fees, Greek (if applicable), Emergency Loan balances (if applicable), less Anticipated Financial Aid.
- Read and agree to the terms and conditions. Please note that you will be required to pay any missed installments before signing up.
- Your account has been established. You can view the scheduled payments from the Overview screen under the “Payment plans” section.