Pharmacy Benefit Manager
Effective January 1, 2023 the new pharmacy vendor will be CVS Caremark.
You may use the Caremark.com portal or mobile app to create an account, which will allow you to:
- Locate a participating pharmacy
- Check drug prices and generic alternatives
- Request mail order refills quickly and conveniently
- View prescription history
- Check claims and balances
The Caremark network includes most retail chain pharmacies, such as Walgreens, CVS, Walmart and most supermarket pharmacy chains. Some independent pharmacies are included as well.
CVS Specialty provides specialized care and support along with your medication for complex conditions (such as rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, HIV and cancer). Click here to learn more.
Ways to Save on Rx
Compare pharmacy prices, look for coupons, and find assistance programs for your high cost medications:
- Start with Your Doctor – Often doctors may have free samples in their offices; they may even have coupons that offers discounts as well
- GoodRx – A reputable pharmacy savings program. Access online www.goodrx.com or download their app. You will often find coupons on this site that can offer significant savings. Important to note that GoodRx purchases cannot be applied to your medical deductible.
- Rx Help Centers – Assists in finding resources to reduce or eliminate the cost of high-cost brand name medications by advocating directly with drug manufacturers: (866) 478-9593
- Needy Meds –This a web-based program for finding lower cost prescription drugs. Get more information online at www.NeedyMeds.org