Awareness, Prevention and Education
DePauw University strives to provide a safe environment regarding Fire Safety as well as educational programming. The campus is comprised of both University owned facilities, residential and non-residential, as well as privately owned Greek Chapter Houses. Fire Suppression systems vary by building and are detailed in a report provided by our Facilities Management Office:
Additional Information regarding Fire Safety:
- Student Handbook - Standards for Living Units at DePauw University (including Fire Safety Standards)
- Emergency Procedure
- Campus Living Policies Regarding Fire Safety in University Owned Properties.
- Fire Inspection Procedures
- Information regarding responses to fire alarms on campus may be found on our Activity Log.
If a fire has occurred, report immediately to:
- Putnam County – “911”
- Public Safety - (765) 658-5555
Incidents are investigated by the Greencastle Fire Department and Public Safety
Any dangerous condition of facilities or behavior may also be reported to Student Life Offices: