CLASS OF 2024 COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY
SUNDAY, MAY 19, 2024 at 10:00 A.M.
EAST COLLEGE LAWN (located outside of the Emison building)
Commencement is a very special ceremony to officially confer degrees and celebrate the academic achievements of all DePauw graduates. Additional information will be shared on this site and through campus email to help ensure that all graduates have a memorable time with family, friends, guests, and the campus community.
Graduates can order regalia (cap, gown, tassel) from Eli's Books. The deadline to place an order is Monday, March 11, 2024 to ensure timely delivery. If you missed the deadline, contact the store manager, David Neeley, to seek other options.
Important policies related to regalia:
- Traditional black regalia is required at commencement.
- Any additional adornments added to traditional black regalia (cap and gown) must represent excellence in higher education and academic performance at DePauw University.
- Anything that is raised or that does not denote a positive message on the traditional board (cap) must be removed.
Additional items (rings, announcements, and custom diploma frames) can be ordered as well.
Eli's Books | 6 East Washington Street | Greencastle, IN 46135 | www.depauwshop.com
Graduates will receive official notice from the Office of the Registrar when they can pick up their gowns in May.
Guests are encouraged to seek overnight lodging arrangements in Greencastle, IN or nearby towns. Housing will not be available on campus for guests.
- Accessibility Accommodations: For questions about accessibility or to request accommodations (including language translation or ASL services) please contact Mishelle Malayer at 765-658-4199 or firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, April 26, 2024.
- Professional photos: Commencement day graduate photos will be taken by GradImages. Ordering information and promotions are available on their website.
- Inclement Weather: Commencement will take place outside, rain or shine, unless there is a lightning storm. Instructions will be shared as soon as possible if we have to move indoors.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
FRIDAY, MAY 17
10:00 A.M. - NOON - COMMENCEMENT REHEARSAL
Lilly Physical Education and Recreation Center, Neal Fieldhouse
Rehearsal will be held for all graduates at Lilly Physical Education and Recreation Center, Neal Fieldhouse (more details forthcoming from the University Marshal)
SATURDAY, MAY 18
4:00 P.M. - BACCALAUREATE
Green Center for the Performing Arts, Kresge Auditorium.
The Baccalaureate Ceremony marks the first formal event of Commencement Weekend. Historically a religious worship service, Baccalaureate at DePauw includes prayers and readings from many traditions, as well as inspiring music and reflections. The President will also offer a formal address to the graduating class. Tickets are required for family members, with overflow seating available in Moore Theatre.
Live stream available at depauw.edu/stream
8:00 - 10 P.M. - DEPAUW UNDER THE STARS
Stewart Plaza (Inclement weather location Hoover Hall and the Union Building Living Room)
An evening of music and conversation for graduates and their families/guests.
SUNDAY, MAY 19
10 A.M. - COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY
East College lawn
Tickets are not required for the outdoor ceremony. Inclement weather tickets will be issued to graduates via EventBrite.
(outside of Emison Building - Note: graduates processional line up will begin at 9:15 a.m. - more details forthcoming from the University Marshal)
Live stream available at depauw.edu/stream
ALL ARRANGEMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE. GRADUATES WILL BE NOTIFIED VIA CAMPUS EMAIL. THANK YOU!
We ask that all attendees of commencement celebration activities be aware of the symptoms associated with COVID-19 and refrain from attending if they are symptomatic or test positive for COVID-19 in the six days prior to the event. We encourage all attendees to be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus or tested for COVID-19 prior to the events. Masking (with surgical, KF94, KN95, or N95 masks) will be required at all large indoor events and gatherings. Signs will be posted at events where masking is required and ushers will have masks available for those who have not supplied their own.
We appreciate your continued patience as we work to plan special celebrations.
Health and safety protocols will be in place per campus guidelines.